Research Programmes @ Karunya
Karunya Institute of Technology and Sciences offers Ph.D. degree program. These program are offered in various Departments focusing on the thrust areas of research of the Institution, namely Food, Water, Health and Energy. A wide range of facilities and infrastructure are provided to the scholars which include research facilities and equipment worth more than Rs. 100 million; Research Fellowship worth Rs. 5 million; short term research grants; academic and research exchange programmes with foreign Universities; unlimited access to computer and internet facilities; online subscription to research journals, etc. Research projects worth 50 million funded by Government and Private agencies are being carried out in the campus. Scholars are given opportunities to work in those projects as well. The campus life of Karunya is worth mentioning. It has a well-equipped residential campus, which include all essential facilities, avenues for sports and cultural activities, guest house and restaurant facilities, auditoriums, bank, hospital and post office.
20th April, 2021 (Tuesday)
22nd June, 2021 (Tuesday)
Last Date to receive Online Application
25th June, 2021 (Friday)
Online Test & Interview
30th June, 2021(Wednesday)
Issue of Selection List
From 1st July, 2021(Thursday)
Enrollment of Candidates
Applications are invited for Ph.D for the academic year 2020-2021 (ODD Semester).
Details of vacancies, Ph.D. regulations and Fee structure are given below
- Ph.D. Aerospace Engineering
- Ph.D. Civil Engineering
- Ph.D. Computer Applications
- Ph.D. Computer Science and Engineering
- Ph.D. Criminology
- Ph.D. Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Ph.D. Electronics and Communications Engineering
- Ph.D. Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
- Ph.D. Mechnical Engineering
The Institution will advertise in leading news papers and also through University website for calling for application for admission into Ph.D program during March / April and also during September / October every year. Eligible applicants will be invited to write a written test conducted by Karunya Institute of Technology and Sciences. The written test will be in 2 parts. Part 1 is on general aptitude and Part 2 is a technical aptitude for research. The questions through Part 2 will be department specific. After the test, the candidates will be asked to appear in an interview and the rank list will be prepared. Depending on the vacancy available, students will be admitted into the program.
Evangeline Dhinakaran Doctoral Fellowship
The Ph.D. Scholars (Full Time), who seek admission during the academic year 2019 - 2020, are eligible for Evangeline Dhinakaran Doctoral Fellowship of Rs. 12,000/- per month and contingency grant of Rs. 12,000/- per annum for a maximum period of 3 years, subject to the following:
- Proven record of research publications / presentations during UG / PG studies
- Interview and recommendation by the External Panel of Experts
The Fellowship is renewable every year based on the fulfillment of all the terms and conditions as stated below:
- The scholar should publish atleast 1 International Journal Paper / International Conference Paper within the first year of registration, the paper in the Journal / Conference Proceedings being of high quality, peer-reviewed and indexed in Scopus / Thomson Reuters;
- The scholar should publish atleast 2 Papers in International Journals, during the second and third year of research (a total of 4 research papers), the Journal being of high quality, peer-reviewed and indexed in Scopus / Thomson Reuters.